27 February 2013

My Father has passed away

Did he pass to "a better place"?  He didn't believe so. My mother believes that he does, but what the other place actually is, is not well defined.

During the days following his passing my sisters talked of him being there with us, and possibly now with his twin brother who passed away a couple of years ago.

These are nice sentiments in my opinion.  Not based on reality. 
Why? Well Dad was with us, in our hearts and minds.  His spirit had expired and we were speaking to his lifeless body in ways that allowed us to move on.

The afterlife is our hearts and minds where are departed friends and family reside.  And that is real. 

I will miss having Dad around to share the days and years with and this brings sadness.  However life doesn't give us options, just as we are born we have death to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

and your reason is?